How to join a wireless network to your existing wired network with applicable internet connection?
- Linksys SRW2024 24-Port Switch
- Juniper SSG-5 Firewall
- Linksys WRT610N Wireless Router
Note: My current setup has a domain controller. I have not tested this in a simple connection at home,
but i hope it will also work with a simple setup even without a domain controller.
I got this setup by discovery and I implemented it in our company. It works for us!
How did i do this? Here is my setup.
- Connect the Network Switch to a firewall.
- Configure your wireless router and change the default IP to 192.168.0.x, where x is the avalable IP for internet connection.
- Connect the Wireless router to the network switch (for the switch, any port is OK, while for wireless router, use the internet port).
- Connect another lan cable to wireless router's port and the network switch port.
- Now, when you connect to the wireless network, get to know the IP address, then replace it with any IP address in range of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255.
- After you change your PC's ip address, go to the firewall setup, through policy, set the ip address to acquire access to the internet.
That's it. Please leave a comment if you have any questions. or add your questions in the forum area.